My Daily Activities as an English Teacher

Being an English Teacher is something that I really love. Every day I wake up at 5:30 in the morning, I take a shower, at 6:30 I eat breakfast, after this "little time for me" I am ready, to begin with, my teaching activities. I turn on my laptop, and I check my schedule. I read my plan and get ready to teach. Because of the quarantine, I am working at home, so now I have to be more creative when I am planning my teaching activities. I am using a lot of new apps and tools to help students to understand the topics. We are using Zoom to have our virtual classes. Sometimes I plan different activities, for example, today you are going to watch the video about "Subject and Predicate", then you are going to complete the worksheet. Twice a week I assign them homework to practice the topics. Every day we have a meeting with our coordinator, so we can discuss how our students are working if they are learning, and the things that we have to improve. I have to use Zoom three times a day, I am using this tool to teach, it is a different way to teach but at least I can see my students and have a moment with them. Now I have to work a little bit more, I never finish my work as I used to do it, at 3:00 pm, now I need more hours to prepare my classes. Right now, while I am writing this blog, I am checking my students' homework. At the moment I think I am doing a good job, I have everything organized, so my coordinator is really happy with my job, and that makes me feel good. This week we are working on evaluations, we are using the school's platform to assign online evaluations, and we are also using Flipgrid and Kahoot to evaluate our students. As you know, everything is different now, but at least I can see my students, I hear their voices, and I can share a moment with them. I understand how they feel right now, sometimes it is kind of hard to be at home all the time, but I like to imagine that everything is going to better soon. Let's keep believing in God, let's keep giving the best in us, let's keep teaching! “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

Comentarios